The High Speed 2 Community and Environment Fund (CEF) has been created to add benefit over and above committed mitigation and statutory compensation to communities along the route that are demonstrably disrupted by the construction of Phase One of HS2 from London to West Midlands.
There are two types of CEF funding:
- CEF Local will focus on quality of life and environment in individual communities.
- CEF Strategic will focus on large projects across several communities and address strategic rather than purely local concerns. Wherever possible, the CEF fund aims to leave a sustainable legacy.
The below examples are purely illustrative and they welcome applications for any projects that will enhance the quality of life and the environment of communities disrupted by the construction of HS2:
- Improved pedestrian, equestrian, or cycle access not provided under statutory services;
- Landscape and nature conservation enhancement projects which increase biodiversity (including pop up interventions such as skip gardens);
- Enhancement or replacement of sports and recreational facilities;
- Improved access and enhancements to public open space;
- Provision of enhanced or new community facilities;
- Refurbishment/re-use of historic buildings and monuments.
To find out more, to check your eligibility, or to apply, click here