The Royal Society is supporting museums to engage local communities with science through their heritage and collections. They are making available grants of up to £3,500 to small museums, funding projects that tell the stories of science and scientists relevant to communities across the UK.
They want to fund projects that:
- highlight the topics, stories and people that are relevant to their local community
- present science in new and interesting ways
- encourage participation and involvement of the local community
- provoke curiosity, interest and enthusiasm among those that take part
The Royal Society are particularly interested in projects that:
- explore the experiences of historically underrepresented people
- are led by organisations that don’t normally feature scientific content
- involve partners that can enhance the project’s outcomes, impact or quality
- reach audiences who do not normally engage with science
- enable possibilities for digital engagement, either as a main feature or as part of a contingency plan
Applications close on 16th February 2022. For more details, please visit their website and read their scheme guidance.