After 16 months, in my role as the Industrial Heritage Support Officer (IHSO), I’m leaving Ironbridge to join the Canal & River Trust as the Destinations Development Officer for West Midlands. My last day is this Friday, the 30th August so please do get in touch if you have any questions before then. After Friday, please contact my line manager, Gillian Crumpton (details below).
Although I’m leaving, I’m delighted to let you know that the following Industrial Heritage Network meetings are going ahead without external support:
- 18th September – IHN Cornwall & Devon at SS Freshspring (please contact the host directly if you’re interested in attending – click here for details).
- 8th October – IHN West Midlands at Etruria Industrial Museum (please contact the host directly if you’re interested in attending – click here for details).
- 8th November – IHN South East at the National Museum of the Royal Navy (please contact the host directly if you’re interested in attending – click here for details)
The following meetings will go ahead in the Spring once the new IHSO has been appointed:
- IHN South West at the Westonzoyland Pumping Station
- IHN North West at the British Commercial Vehicles Museum
- IHN North East at the National Museum of the Royal Navy in Hartlepool
The following inaugural meetings will take place as soon as the new IHSO has been appointed:
- IHN East Midlands at the Nottingham Industrial Museum
- IHN East of England at the Burwell Museum & Windmill
- IHN Yorkshire at the Leeds Industrial Museum.
IHN London at the House Mill – date TBC.
The Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust (IGMT) is currently looking into a replacement IHSO. In the meantime if you have any queries please get in touch with IGMT’s Collections and Learning Director, Gillian Crumpton: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’ve had a truly interesting and rewarding time as the IHSO and I would like to thank you for your support. Hopefully our paths will cross again in the future!
2 Comments Add yours
Charles and I congratulate you on your new post while being sorry you are leaving IHS Ironbridge. Your enthusiasm and skills have achieved great progress for the network and hopefully a good foundation for members and successors to build on and take forward.
We have enjoyed meeting you and regret not being able to continue as actively as we would wish due to Charles’s ill health.
We wish you every success in the future and hope our paths do cross again.
Charles and Jean
Charles Talbot MBE
Carpet Museum Trust
Museum of Carpet
Thank you very much Jean! The next network meeting is at Etruria Industrial Museum and it would be great if you could make it, is possible. I’m hoping to be there myself in my new capacity. If you can make it, please confirm your attendance directly with the museum by emailing email@example.com